Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Tuesday's Table at the Farmhouse

I am so happy my friend Jenn of Rabbit Hill Primitives
reminded us that this past Saturday, January 23rd was
National Pie Day!
American Pie Day was created by the National Pie Council
I didn't know there is a National Pie Council ~ did you?
The National Pie Celebration began in 1986

I Love to make pies...love, love, love!
I starting making these a few years ago

 
These are so fun to make
 
I use straight sided 4 oz. mason jars
2 - 9 inch pie dough recipe makes about 11 pies
 
Make your favorite pie dough
You can use store bought if you want
I never made the store bought but I don't know why it wouldn't work
 
Take a small amount of chilled dough and roll out into a circle
I make these so often I measure the dough (2 oz.)
Roll out a circle about 6 inches round
 
Tuck the dough into the jar trying not to stretch the dough
Form dough around the entire inside of the jar
It's a little tricky at first 
Fill with your favorite filling and have fun with the top dough crust
 
Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes
If you make a lot at one time you can freeze and bake before serving 
If frozen put in cold oven and bake at 350 for 1 hr.
 
I made these for a wedding at the farmhouse
My friend Karen came and helped
It's fun making and baking with friends
 
 
I marked January 23 on my calendar for next year
 
I come from a long line of pie makers
For sure a celebration in my house!
 
Happy spouse day Farmer Dave!
Another reason to celebrate!
 
                          Love, Audrey Ann
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment