Sunday, February 2, 2020

Where Did January Go?

 

Where did January go? It flew for me. The weather in Western Pa. was not overly snowy ~ sort of rainy and windy. I love to hear the rain and wind against the glass outside my window ~ maybe that's odd. It's probably my Irish blood ~ rainy and windy are normal for them.  In the winter I use to judge the snow on weather it would be easy to get to work or not. Now that I am retired I judge it if it's easy to get to the barn or not. It's always easy to get to the barn so I always love the snow. I never want to rush the seasons. I love all of them. For me ~ there is something special about each one of them.
I knew someone that died in January ~ suddenly ~ unexpectedly. I knew her since she was a little girl ~ us playing together in the neighborhood. Pictured is me about the age I met her. Dave said it put me in a funk but I didn't think so ~ he said I was too quiet for a few days ~ so maybe it did. I kept thinking everyday is a gift ~ and thinking about home and heaven.
I hosted a shepherdess gathering in January. I made my Cherry Almond Scones and made up another recipe ~ Bacon Cheese Scones. I'll make them one more time then share the recipe. We had other friends that stopped by in January ~ we love company!
We went to a friend's house who has bought antiques from us and wanted to share how she styled her things. It's so fun to see what happens to the antiques once they leave our shop. She is teaching me the craft of rug braiding. I love learning new crafts.
Those that remember way back when we opened the shop ~ I use to sew & sew & sew. I started sewing again along with my fiber arts. I've really been enjoying this. So many ideas swirling in my head!
There is so much shop news but more on that next month. We've been in the candle making mode and thankful for all the shops that carry our candles. My friend Janice (The Garden Shed in Cabot) and I have been working on dates for workshops. Also many dates are booked for Farm Tours and we are thrilled about that. We love to share our farm. I have been living my last year's word ~ "sharing" ~ and it's been fun. I'm on Instagram and sharing a lot there. In between posts I share in "stories" but I'm not good at sharing when I'm with my family. I try to keep a balance with social media. It's a place where I've met so many other gals that raise sheep. We plan to meet in May at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival ~ I'm looking forward to that. I love sharing about my old fashioned ways ~ the youth have a movement about this and it's called
 "slow living"
That's a good thing!!!

In the winter on the farm we watch the ground, watch the weather, watch how much hay the sheep are eating. We just bought hay that should last till Spring. We are fortunate that we buy our hay 1.5 miles down the road. I love to help unload. It's good exercise.
...and we have had a little set back on the farm. We had a handsome fellow coming for date week (actually scandalous) because he was having date week with all the gals ~ wink ~ wink ~
We have another farm bringing their gals too.
However I wanted to check all my girls for parasites and Genevieve has some. She was treated, cleared and then got another parasite. We NEVER had these problems before and that's for another post but I want Genevieve clear before Oakley comes to visit. I don't oppose breeding out of season because we have before and never had problems. Until then please say a little prayer that Genevieve is clear for her next test and Oakley comes to visit!! wink ~ wink
 
Love to you all and grateful for this life I love,     Audrey Ann
 
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment